Now that Claire is starting to have more trunk stability and sitting up straighter, her doctor recommended starting solid foods. We've been sort of attempting this for weeks now, but Claire seems to be a picky eater. She's not really fond of the jarred baby foods and she doesn't really like the rice cereal. Russell made her some pureed peaches and she wasn't really in to that either.
*Sigh.*
The bulk of her diet at this point is still breast milk that I pump while at work and formula to supplement.
We have had some success with a lot of the food we eat for dinner. We set her on the table in her Bumbo seat and then feed her very small portions of whatever we're having for dinner. She really likes cheese, pancakes, and pizza.
![]() |
| Here's Claire in her Bumbo seat with a small smile while I try and feed her some solid food. |
In other news, I'm still soldiering on with my knitted cable cardigan that I've been working on since March. I'm finally almost done with all the knitting and moving on to seaming the sides and under the sleeves. This project has been a beast and my emotions have run the gamut while I've been knitting it. So far, I'm very pleased with how it's turning out, but at times I get depressed thinking it'll never be done or if I do finally finish it, it won't fit well and I won't wear it.
![]() |
| Progress so far! |
Love,
Jane


No comments:
Post a Comment