Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekend Recap

It was a gorgeous weekend in Central Oregon!  Sunny, clear skies, and warm temperatures made it seem almost like summer had come back for a moment.

Saturday I did the Run or Dye race up in Redmond.  It was a fun 5K run where the chief purpose of running is to get splattered with multi-colored dye while you run.  It was about 30 degrees at the 9am start and absolutely bitter cold!  Claire and Russell were my most enthusiastic spectators.  Here's Claire with her cute handknit hat from Grandma Walner.  She doesn't really look too thrilled to be out in the cold.  I don't really blame her, but she sure was a good sport!




Here I am during the run getting spattered with dye at one of the color zones.



Here's a few post race shots showing the aftermath of all that colored dye.



The rest of the weekend we spent just leisurely hanging around the house.  Russell did some cooking and baking including making some really delicious cinnamon rolls from a Paula Deen recipe.  Oh my goodness, they were so delicious!  It could have something to do with the 3 sticks of butter and lord knows how many cups of sugar that were the main ingredients.  They were really quite easy to make too.  Store bought cinnamon rolls just don't compare.  Even Cinnabon.

That's about the highlights of the weekend.  I hope everyone else enjoyed themselves and the great weather.

I'll leave you with Claire being her usual super cute self!

With Love,
Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment