Friday, October 25, 2013

Autumn Ruminations and Halloween costumes

Autumn has never been my favorite season.  In fact, it's always been my least favorite. Growing up in the Puget Sound area means the coming of autumn signals the end of the summer, dwindling daylight, and the beginning of the long dreary rainy season.  

Living in Central Oregon now for 2 years has given me a whole new perspective on autumn.  Central Oregon does fall in style and beauty.  It's something I've never experienced before.  It must be a combination of the cold desert nights and the sunny clear skies that create the perfect conditions for gorgeous fall foliage.

Crab apple, I think.

I recently took a mid-day walk and captured some of the stunning beauty of the trees changing color and enjoyed the unseasonably warm weather we've been having.

Maple
Views like the one below bring a smile to my face.  I feel lucky to have this only a block from my workplace.


Aspens overlooking the Deschutes River

I have officially changed my mind on Autumn.  What a gorgeous time of year!


Aspen

Golden Aspen



Maples and Ponderosa pine

Maples and Ponderosa


This weekend we are driving to Elkton to visit family and see Joe and Rheannan's new place for a Halloween party.  I was fretting over what costume Claire could wear until Russell found this at Costco!





Little Bowser


Look at Little Bowser go!
I'm looking forward to the weekend!

I hope everyone is well.

Love, Jane


2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the autumn season in the High Desert. Your pictures are awesome! And of course Claire's Halloween costume is adorable.

    ReplyDelete