Friday, February 21, 2014

Amazing!

I wanted to take a brief moment and share some of the first portrait shots taken of Claire with my new camera.

I have to say I am just stunned.  I LOVE this new camera.  I absolutely LOVE it.  (For those who are interested it's a Nikon D7100)  The auto focus works like a dream; the 50mm prime lens I bought lets in tons of light and has a gorgeous depth of focus at low f-stops.  The white balance is nice and accurate.  The controls are actually quite intuitive and mostly well placed.

The snaps below are literally just snaps taken the morning after I opened the box. I spent no time on post processing and they are JPEGs right out of the camera.  They are hand held with artificial lighting.  I have to say I really like them just as is.  If the camera and lens perform this well in crappy low lighting, I can't wait to see what I get with optimal natural light.

I won't bore you with the detailed specs on my new camera, but if you're interested leave me a comment and I'd be happy to share all the gory details about my new camera in an e-mail or over the phone.  I'm just over the moon excited!

I hope everyone is well!

Jane









1 comment:

  1. Love this series of photos. Claire looks good in coral pink.

    ReplyDelete