Russell and I have been watching The Walking Dead for a couple of years now. For those who don't know, it's a post-apocalyptic drama set in the aftermath of a world overrun by zombies. When we watch it, we inevitably start discussing what we would do if there were an apocalypse, zombie or otherwise. I guess we have some "prepper" tendencies! In any case, it doesn't hurt to be a little prepared and think about these sorts of things. Not that I believe the world will be overrun by zombies, but just in the case of a natural disaster or several day power outage. We do have extra food and water in case of an emergency.
In the show The Walking Dead by season 3 the original survival group and main characters makes their way to a prison and holes up there due to the relative security from the zombies. (In the show the zombies are dubbed "walkers.") Around the prison there are double walled very tall chain-link fences with barbed wire on top. One of the main conflicts in the current season is the possibilities of the "walker" horde pushing the fences over and gaining access to the safe zone in the prison where a small clan of survivors is trying to live.
When Russell and I saw Claire standing up clinging to the baby gate like you see below all we could think of was The Walking Dead and a "walker on the fence!"
![]() |
| A walker on the fence! |
![]() |
| Let me in! |
![]() |
| If I'm cute will you let me in? |
![]() |
| I'm going to chew my way through! |
And Claire is much cuter than a walker. Heh.
Love, Jane




Pretty funny too! I am going to have to check out those walkers.
ReplyDelete